Monday, October 11, 2010

Higher pagerank for scientific domains? Pagerank update on agenames.org

UPDATE: agenames.org's pagerank is now 0 again! very strange..

Pagerank still is the main indicator for a web site's importance. Therefore every webmaster is desperately waiting for Google's periodical pagerank update. The last update was in April 2010 and many rumours about smaller updates are circulating on the web.

Yesterday I was very surprised after I checked the rank of my brand new agenames.org domain. This domain is online since August 2010 and now has an unbelievable pagerank of 5!
I have no idea why, the site has almost no inlinks and is very young. The only reason I could imagine is that Google rewards scientific content with higher pageranks?

1 comment:

David said...

I suppose its possible if you have very unique content.